Posted by Jan-Jan Defante On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 36 comments
Do you know that RAM is one of the main important factors for us speed up our pc. In fact, in some ways RAM is even more important than processor speed. Do you ever notice when a computer has a low RAM memory it usually tend to get a lag or your pc get slow to load.
If you have a problem with your computer getting slow because you have a low RAM memory. Maybe you can try to use your USB Flash Drive with the use of ReadyBoost Technology.
So how you will be able to speed up your computer using your USB Flash Drive with ReadyBoost?
For you to enable ReadyBoost technology on your USB, you have to use these steps carefully…
- Go or Click To My Computer.
- Right Click on the Removable Disk Drive and click Properties.
- Find and Click on the tab ready boost.
- Enable the feature by selecting the option and allocate the amount of space you want to use as memory and click apply.
If your USB FLASH DRIVE tells you that you can’t use the ready boost then it means that it doesn’t clear up the minimum data transfer rate required by ReadyBoost technology.
If that's the case you can still use it using windows 7 even if it doesn't meet speed specification Drive
- Plug in your Flash Drive in your computer.
- Open the Readyboost tab on the device properties.
- Select “Do not retest this device”
- Unplug the device
- Open regedit (Start->Run->Regedit)
- Expand - HKLM (Local Machine)->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Windows NT->CurrentVersion> EMDgmt
- Find your device.
- Change Device Status to 2
- Change ReadSpeedKBs to 1000
- Change WriteSpeedKBs to 1000
- right click and select properties USB Flash Drive.
- Find the ReadyBoost again and activate it.
Benefits of using USB Flash Drive or Cards as a RAM memory :
- It is much faster compared to virtual memory which is accessed through the hard disk drive.
- It is much cheaper as compared to the actually Physical Memory you is quite a bit expensive.
If this mode is activate, the drive under Computer will have a Red Bar below it.