Spearhead the space revolution by overseeing the construction and improvements of early rockets and spacerafts, such as Vostok or Sputnik. The production by a Polish studio Pyramid Games, Soyuz Constructors, is currently being developed, but you can get a taste of the soviet punk-inspired simulator in its playable demo.
October 4, 1957, saw the advent of the Space Era, when the first manmade craft reached the Earth’s orbit. It was Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite and that happened exactly 64 years ago.
Soyuz Constructors is a rocket engineer simulator that will take you to a rusty (but trusty) Soviet space hangar from 1950s/60s where you will be tasked with constructing R-7 rockets, including Soyuz, Vostok, Voskhod and Sputnik, as well as their continuous improvements, which they will undoubtedly need in order to succeed. Go ahead, make your comrades proud!
The physics-heavy game puts particular emphasis on experimentation and allows you to test the durability of the engines and rockets of your own creation before they’ll take off to outer space. The challenge lies in not only delivering the end product that meets the safety norms, but also in creating it in the face of scarcity of available materials.
- Give in to your perfectionism and spend long hours in an enormous hangar that will provide you with a lot of space where you will be able to tinker with multiple components simultaneously
- Absorb the history of evolution of the rockets and spacecrafts: get to the nitty-gritty of the Soviet space revolution by constructing rockets and spacecrafts, such as Soyuz, Vostok, Voshkod and Sputnik.
- Scrapyard is your treasure vault where you’ll find many useful spare parts. Some of them require a little refurbishing before you put them into good use, and you will have to learn how to finish your projects with a finite amount of resources.
- Realistic blueprints that will serve as a basis for assembling meticulously crafted components with rudimentary tools. Nobody said being a Soviet space engineer will be a walk in the park.
- Feel the soviet punk spirit: Soyuz Constructors will take you to days of Soviet yore – the world full of challenges, but also endless possibilities.
The playable demo of Soyuz Constructors is already available on Steam as a part of Steam Next Fest. You can try it out until October 7, 2021.
Pyramid Games also recommends playing Dinosaur Fossil Hunter, which has a demo also available during Steam Next Fest.
About Pyramid Games:
Pyramid Games is a game development studio founded in 2012. It comprises gamers and science enthusiasts. Their upcoming productions focus around discovering the unknown and gathering knowledge.