All new Demon Turf Trials launched to mark announcement
But I don’t want to wait for gamers to get their hands on Demon Turf – can’t we do something sooner?” asked Demon Turf Game Lead, Fabian Rastofer.
Well, yes, we can!
Playtonic Friends and Fabraz are overjoyed to not only officially announce that 2nd November will be the simultaneous launch of the incredible 2D/3D platformer Demon Turf for PlayStation 4 / 5, Xbox One / Series S/X, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam and Epic Store) but also that, starting today, Demon Turf Trials will be relaunching on Steam with the chance for top ranked players to win a free Steam copy of Demon Turf at launch.
More than a mere demo, Demon Turf Trials throws down new challenges for players and presents a fresh leaderboard to climb. Make it to the top of the board and be immortalised with a personal portrait in the main game and the chance to win a Steam key for the full release.
“But how can I win a copy” you ask?
Demon Turf Trials will run three unique challenges in the lead up to launch:
- 19th October – 4th November – Demo Speedrun Challenge: Top 5 best times (with video evidence ) win a Steam key
- Trial 1 – 21-28th Oct – Top 3 on the Leaderboard receive a Steam key
- Trial 2 – 28th Oct to 4th Nov -Top 3 on the Leaderboard receive a Steam key
Demon Turf brings a truly fresh take on the platform genre with it’s hybrid 2D/3D art style, a world chock-full of humor and style, punky attitude and incredible focus on replayability & ever-evolving challenge. Taking the role of Beebz, a 1000 year old demon, players must reclaim the numerous turfs of the Demon world, defeat the Demon King and claim the throne for herself.
Demon Turf is a unique offering with it’s community & replayability at the very core of it’s development- the full game will boast:
- Self placed checkpoints
– Show off without them for a perfect run, or place one in preparation for a challenging section. You can even teleport between these checkpoints if you missed a collectable along the way!
– a brand new take on progression, take a victory lap and explore previously beaten levels to discover their liberated state, with plenty of mechanical and environmental changes to uncoverReturn Levels
– How do you defeat the demon hordes when none of your own attacks are actually lethal?A special physics-driven combat system that ramps up the chaos and fun. Push, pull and spin your enemies out of your way and down cliffs or into spikes. Physics driven combat
- Mouth Watering amount of side content – 50 specific locations/characters to line the walls of an empty gallery. Fend of 25 arena challenges worth of enemy waves. Tackle 10 Demon Soccer Golf courses that put a bizarre twist on ball-pushing puzzles. Collect 8 cartridges to unlock remixed throwback levels from glorious 3D platformers of the past
Fabian Rastorfer, Game Lead and Artist at Fabraz, commented “We’re so excited to finally announce the launch date for Demon Turf! After what has felt like a really long time and a heck of a lot of hard work by our amazing team it’s finally time. But we can’t wait until 4th November to share our brand new platformer with everyone so we just had to bring back our Trials demo for our community.
They’ve been such a huge part of developing the game in showing us the insane speed runs they can put together so we decided to put our money where our mouth is and offer free copies of Demon Turf to those who can hold onto the top spots on the leaderboard in each of our new challenges”
Demon Turf will launch on PC (Steam and Epic Games Store), Nintendo Switch, the Xbox family of consoles and Playstation 4 & 5 on 4th November priced at £19.99, € 21.99 & $24.99.
Content Creators –
Matthew Taylor – Renaissance PR
– ENDS –
About Playtonic Friends
Playtonic Friends is the new publishing label from independent video game developer Playtonic. Founded by the creative talent behind some of the most popular platform games of the past (including Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie), Playtonic’s aim is to bring fun games that everyone loves to play to new and old audiences alike across multiple platforms!
The core team of veterans mixed with fresh, youthful talent has collectively notched up hundreds of years of video game development. The studio’s first release as Playtonic was Yooka-Laylee, launched in April 2017, and funded as a result of Europe’s biggest video game Kickstarter! Playtonic is based in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent, within easy commuting distance of larger cities such as Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham.