Highly anticipated retrobrawler platformer Okinawa Rush is out now on Steam and GOG. The sensational, action-packed game inspired by old brawlers such as Street Fighter released a new Launch trailer prepared for this occasion below.
Okinawa Rush is a retro platformer with a focus on fighting, and a combat system inspired by fighting games like Street Fighter, and a beautifully nostalgic pixel-art art style reminiscent of old Amiga games.
A Ruthless army of ninjas known as the Black Mantis clan have come to Okinawa to loot, pillage, and kill anyone that gets in their way. Above all else, they are searching for the legendary training scroll of Hiro Yashima who has honed his martial skill to a supernatural level, summoning flame and sound to vanquish his foes.
Okinawa Rush is about intense, skillful gameplay. It is also intuitive enough for someone completely new to games to be able to pick up and immediately get into the action.
Take on the role of the martial arts master Hiro, Meilin, or Shin as they face off in a desperate fight for their lives against the Black Mantis clan.
DOUBLE THE MAYHEM: Bring a friend and battle against ninjas, demons, and more in the 2-player local co-op mode of this action-adventure platformer set in a mystical, fantasy version of Okinawa.
The fast, fluid combat system, courtesy of the custom engine, brings with it many moves, combos, juggles, and an intuitive parrying system – easy to learn, hard to master.
- Custom-made fighting engine with unique moves for each character.
- Fight with swords, nunchakus, and bo staffs.
- An engaging story told with carefully crafted pixel-art cut-scenes.
- Many different enemies, each with their own moveset and weapons.
- Intense boss battles.
- Arcade mode for those who want to jump straight into the action.
- Parry any attacks, projectiles, and traps!
- Upload your high scores and compete globally with other players!
- Discover many secrets and hidden areas!
- Play together in a local co-op mode, and heal each other to achieve victory!
Okinawa Rush is available NOW on Steam & GOG, and in one-week releases on Nintendo Switch, the PS4 and Xbox versions are scheduled for 2022. The exact date for the other consoles will be announced at a later date.
The amazing, adrenaline-pumping demo of Okinawa Rush is available to everyone on Steam and GOG, and with a Nintendo Switch.
About No Gravity Games:
No Gravity Games is an indie boutique publisher specialized in console publishing and building up to games value.
About Sokoikan Ltd.:
An indie developer based in England. Passionate about retro games.