Tampa, Florida (August 5, 2021) – Half Human Games announces that their upcoming Zelda-inspired tower defense dungeon crawler RPG for PC and Switch, Dwerve, has been selected for The PAX 10, an Indie Showcase at PAX West. Each year a group of 50 industry experts select the ten best indie games in regard to gameplay and overall fun-factor.
To celebrate, the team will release a free demo, Dwerve: Prologue, on Steam on the first day of PAX West, Friday, September 3. PAX West takes place at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle on Labor Day Weekend, Friday, September 3 through Monday, September 6.
“It’s exciting to see Dwerve get recognition by industry experts for The PAX 10. PAX West gives us the chance to reach new fans and get feedback before the full game release,” says Half Human Games co-founder Pixel Pete. “Come play Dwerve, just don’t sneeze on me.”
Dwerve is a tower defense dungeon crawler RPG about a young dwarven tinkerer who adventures into dwarven ruins to unearth the lost technologies of the ancient warsmiths: turrets and traps. These are the only weapons that can protect the dwarves from Witch-Queen Vandra and her army of bloodthirsty trolls and monstrous creatures.
About Dwerve: Prologue
Dwerve: Prologue is your apprenticeship for the main game. Tinker with a couple of the turrets, the weapons of the Warsmiths! Meet your companions! Learn the basic strategies and tactics of turret-based combat. Hone your tower-defense dungeon-crawling skills so you’re ready for the main game!
- Fight with Turrets and Traps! Make strategic decisions about which turrets and traps to build, where to place them, and when to replace them with different ones.
- Upgrade your Arsenal! Collect over a dozen turrets and traps, each with its own unique upgrade tree that lets you customize them to best suit your favorite strategies.
- Discover Powerful Artifacts: an arrow-blocking shield, dashing boots, a bouncing boomerang, a ground-shaking hammer, and a….boomeraxe?!
- Story-Based Campaign! Unravel the riddled history of the dwarves and the trolls in a story that features diverse characters and an unpredictable plot!
- Explore Ancient Dungeons! Adventure through multiple biomes, each with hidden secrets, mysterious puzzles, interesting lore, and dynamic lighting!
Do you have what it takes to delve into the dungeons of Mount Crowcrest as Dwerve and stop the Witch-Queen Vandra and her Gloomdark Hordes?
About Half Human Games
Half Human Games was founded by Percy Legendre and Peter Milko. They developed the space shooter Blacksea Odyssey after graduating college together and later joined Artix in developing the MMORPG AdventureQuest 3D. Contractors by day, indie devs by night, they never gave up their quest for the indie dream: to make a game that turned a profit. The pair has since leveled up to an independent game studio with an international team, crafting interactive pixel sagas from all over the world.