A wholesome farming life sim with a lovingly crafted low-poly look from a father-and-son duo, coming soon to Kickstarter
Oberhaching, Germany, August 24th, 2021: Independent studio Family Devs and publisher Toplitz Productions are headed to the gamescom 2021 countryside with Harvest Days, and getting ready to deliver a fresh crop of gameplay trailers, details and announcements. Harvest Days will be featured from August 25th to 29th at the Indie Arcade Village alongside the Toplitz-published Starsand. See the amazing new gamescom-exclusive trailer now:
Harvest Days invites players to take things easy, unwind and enjoy themselves out in the wide open countryside. Become a farmer and cornerstone of a small but friendly community, befriend the townsfolk and immerse yourself in the joys of the countryside. Go horseback riding, fish, plant and grow food to be sold. Harvest Days features an enormous open world, a charming low-poly aesthetic and all the heart and soul you’d expect from a father-and-son team’s passion project.
Due to launch into Early Access in 2022, players won’t have to wait long to get a better look at this charming but ambitious game, as Harvest Days is coming to Kickstarter on August 31st. Check out Harvest Days during gamescom for more announcements and details.
About the game:
A new life in the country is calling! Fulfil your dreams and manage your very own farm in this lovingly designed open-world game. Work hard, manage your business wisely and your little farm might grow into a personal paradise, surrounded by boundless, untouched nature. Kick back, unwind and watch your dreams grow.
All these years you’ve had your nose to the grindstone, working 8 to 5, and all you’ve gotten out of it is a growing sense of emptiness, and a sense that you’re missing something fundamental. Childhood memories of simpler, more carefree times have been growing louder every day, filled with vivid recollections of days spent visiting your grandparents in the countryside. You dream of living surrounded by friendly animals, cheerful neighbors and the fruits of your own labor. Enough is enough – it’s time for a change, and to make that dream a reality! Pack up everything you can carry and head out to the country for that new beginning. Take over a small, forgotten farm and become one with nature. Care for the animals, tend to your garden, then harvest and share your fruits. With hard work, you’ll be rewarded with a farmer’s paradise to call your own.
– Become a farmer! Grow fruits and veg, look after animals and sell your produce to the locals.
– Get the most out of your free time! Go fishing at the lake, chat with your neighbors or take your horse for a ride through scenic, wild environments. Never forget to put relaxation on the agenda.
– Explore an open game world! Discover natural caves full of minerals, a ruined and mystical temple, a mysterious swamp bubbling with secrets and far more.
– Develop your relationship with the locals! Become part of the village community and make new friends.
– Buy, sell and trade! Sell what your farm provides, invest the profits and watch your paradise grow day by day.
– Gather and build! The world of Harvest Days is rich with resources. Gather wood, stone, minerals, gems and even magic mushrooms to produce tools, meals and mystery items.
– Catch a ride! Don’t wear your legs to the bone, or your horse’s – pick the right vehicle for the job. Harvest just a little too bountiful for one farmer? Invest in some heavy hardware to do the job..
– Every farm is unique! Develop your new home as you see fit, make choices without pressure and focus on what makes you smile.
– Don’t forget about yourself! It’s not just your farm that needs tending to. Eat, drink, get plenty of rest and unwind when you need to. What’s the point of paradise if you don’t slow down to enjoy it?.
About Family Devs:
Family Devs is an indie video game studio based in Barcelona, Spain and was founded in 2020. Nomen est Omen – Family Devs is an ambitious indie development studio, a “family business who is currently developing their new video game, Harvest Days. Harvest Days is an open-ended country-life RPG.
About Toplitz Productions:
The German-Austrian publisher, whose name originates from the mysterious Toplitz Lake in the heart of Austria, develops and publishes games with “heart & soul” for all platforms. The company consists of a healthy mix of experienced industry veterans and young talents, all of whom are passionate gamers. They enjoy working with creative developers on many exciting titles, such as from the “Dynasty” and “Giant” series.