A story-driven survival adventure set under an alien sun, entering early access in November
August 24th, 2021 – Toplitz Productions and developers Tunnel Vision invite players to venture into the desert and discover the secrets of Starsand at gamescom 2021. Featured from August 25th to 27th in the Arcade Village alongside other small-studio Toplitz title Harvest Days, Starsand will be announcing its early access debut date. The long, cold night is over – things are heating up in the desert. Check out the new announcement trailer, featuring some of the otherworldly menaces players will be facing in this harsh and deadly world.
Inspired by classic pulp adventure sci-fi such as John Carter and Stargate, Starsand immerses players in a harsh and unforgiving desert world where they must forage, hunt and build to survive. Enduring the blazing sun and freezing nights is just the beginning. In order to return to Earth, players will have to master strange and ancient alien technologies, battle terrifying monsters and defend their camp against enemies and the elements alike.
Starsand launches into Early Access later this year, and invites its community to help shape its path through the desert. Players can wishlist the game on Steam now, and check out the game during gamescom for more information, including its early access debut on the fourth of November, 2021.
- A massive otherworldly desert landscape to explore. Navigate over 64 km² terrain.
- Discover a world full of lost monuments, strange artefacts and creatures both modern and ancient.
- Awaken your survival instincts in this challenging environment. Brave the blazing sun, freezing nights, brutal sandstorms and .
- Scavenge, gather, harvest and craft. Protect your body and your new home against the dangers of this harsh desert world.
- Unpredictable weather and an impactful day/night cycle put planning at the forefront. Prepare well for every expedition and all you might encounter.
- Unravel a thrilling sci-fi adventure. Discover ruins, piece together the truths of this world, solve puzzles and journey deeper into the unknown.
About Tunnel Vision Studio:
Tunnel Vision is a small creative studio, ready to take on the world wielding RAM sticks, dressed in GPU-coated armor, with a VR visor as a helm. They charge towards the future guided by technology, but we also carry on their shoulders a bundle of memorabilia from the ’90s, trophies of a childhood we barely escaped.
Tunnel Vision’s team are valiant geeks based in Rome, not willing to surrender to the allure of countries with fiber optic broadband and unhealthy food. They make a living out of what they like to do: everything involving virtual reality, video games, electronic music, cutting-edge technology, and coding
About Toplitz Productions:
The German-Austrian publisher, whose name originates from the mysterious Toplitz Lake in the heart of Austria, develops and publishes games with “heart & soul” for all platforms. The company consists of a healthy mix of experienced industry veterans and young talents, all of whom are passionate gamers. They enjoy working with creative developers on many exciting titles, such as from the “Dynasty” and “Giant” series.