The fight for survival in the Open-World-Sandbox starts today
Suzhou, China, 2. October 2021 – Today, the global closed beta of the multiplayer war sandbox game Myth of Empires by Developer Angela Game invites players to dive into a beautiful yet merciless world set in ancient Asia. The game offers both PvE and PvP servers. The beta will run until 10th of October 2021, players can register via Steam Playtest here.
Myth of Empires is set in ancient Asia, allowing players to experience the harsh conditions of a country torn apart by war with as much freedom as possible. Individuals will need to bond together – either with NPCs or other players -, forming factions, fighting for survival and dominance, establishing their rule and leading armies in massive battles, sieging enemy cities and securing server-wide empires.
Players could first experience Myth of Empires with its closed alpha in April as well as the localization alpha in June. Since then, lots of new gameplay and improvements have been implemented. This beta, being the game’s first global test, brings the sandbox world a large step closer to what the development team envisions for the final version, regarding both content as well as scale.
Key features available in the beta test:
- Brave an unforgiving world filled with bandits, wild animals, and hostile players. Stave off hunger with meat collected through hunting, and collect resources from the world to build your fort.
- New environments: Snowy mountains, desert, swamps, caves, and an all-new weather system.
- Engage enemies in intense, tactical combat. Control the direction of your strikes to maximize their impact and damage.
- Craft dozens of different kinds of weapons and armor of different tiers to help you in battle. Make swords, spears, halberds, axes, throwing weapons, crossbows, bows, shields, and more!
- New animals: Elephants, rhinos, crocodiles, butterflies, fish, and more.
- Construct your very own customized structures piece by piece, and build siege weapons such including ballistas, catapults, trebuchets and siege ladders to wreak havoc upon enemy fortresses.
- Recruit NPCs through peaceful means or by force and have them collect resources, craft items, hunt, or fight alongside you. Tame horses that you can ride into battle, or breed them to make horses with attributes more suited to your needs.
- PVE and PVP servers will be available in Asia, North America, and Europe.
- A robust guild system allows players to form factions with their friends. Work together to fend off enemy attacks, conquer your server, and reign supreme!
- New gameplay and content: County, province, and fortress siege battles, as well as improved voice-chat, a new trade system, and character voices.
Myth of Empires is developed by Angela Game’s T’ien-Kung Studio.
About T’ien-Kung Studio
T’ien-Kung Studio is one of Angela Game’s core game development teams. It consists of more than 50 senior members, each with more than a decade of game development experience. The core creators have worked together for more than ten years, and have worked together in the development of a variety of games for PC, console, VR platforms, and mobile systems.
About Angela Game
Angela Game is an independent game developer located in Suzhou, China. Founded in 2019, this passionate, ambitious, and talented studio seeks to create titles that appeal to hardcore gamers looking for original ideas and engaging gameplay.