Two months ago, Eversim has released Power & Revolution 2021 Edition, a geopolitical simulation video game that takes place in today’s world. Today, with the Modding Tool add-on, players can create and play contexts and scenarios (mods), as well as share them with other users. More than 800 mods are already shared and available for download.
A comprehensive creation tool, the modding add-on lets you:
- Modify country data (economic, political, demographic, fiscal…)
- Change international relations between countries (diplomatic alignment, military alliances…)
- Transform world geography (merging countries, making regions independent, putting a new city on the map…)
- Create new missions and scenarios that are highly developed and detailed (triggering protests, wars, disasters, political scandals, assassinations, national elections, character demands… with the option of defining several conditions for triggering these events, and editing game text…)
- Remake history by creating scenarios starting in the past or the future, from the year 1900
- Enrich the scenarios with new character faces and names, new logos and group names with the customization kit that can be used with the modding tool
- Easily share your creations (host and download from our website, directly send mods from the game…)
- Adjust game settings: level of difficulty, disasters, warmongering, terrorism, and unrest
- Create multi-country playable mods
- Adjust the level of destruction of cities and military bases
- Create new organization and modify existing ones
About Geo-political Simulator project history, and its creators
The game Power & Revolution is built on the 4th evolution of Geo-Political Simulator a.k.a. G.P.S. In development since 2004, Geo-Political Simulator strives to be ambitious and one of a kind, constantly evolving, with a team of dedicated specialists and developers. Its objective is to offer a simulation of today’s world whose comprehensiveness is constantly being improved—notably with data that is regularly updated—and to develop new scenarios that reflect world events and geopolitical upheavals.
G.P.S. is a software from the French company Eversim, a company specialized in the development of simulation and strategy games. This company was founded in February 2004 by André and Louis-Marie Rocques the former heads of the independent video game dev studio Silmarils, which launched more than 30 games between 1987 and 2003.
The simulation engine and tools developed by Eversim are also used as serious gaming by several organizations (NATO for example) as a training and teaching tool for politics and diplomacy, as well as for simulating crisis situations.
Below is a video that shows a special version of GPS being used by NATO for training future diplomats, within a simulation session of a geopolitical crisis.