Can a three-person studio create a massive story-driven co-op tactics game? Yes, they can!
Lisbon, Portugal, August 8th, 2021 – Indie developer Code Three Fifty One, developers of Project Haven invite you to join them at the Yogscast Tiny Teams Festival, running from the 7th to 14th of August. They’ll be joining a cadre of other small independent developers to showcase their upcoming games and have them put through their paces by the ever-talented Yogscast streaming crew.
Tune into the Yogscast Twitch channel between 5pm and 8pm BST (Noon to 3pm Eastern, 9am to Noon Pacific) to see a plethora of promising projects from micro-scale independent developers being showcased in the opening ceremony, including Project Haven.
Will the Yogscast crew thrive or fall on the mean streets of Haven city? Will they master the skills of the urban mercenary trade, or will they end up with a set of new structurally superfluous orifices after a mission gone wrong? Check out the schedule on the Tiny Teams site and enjoy the ride.
Already the recipient of multiple awards and a featured strategy pick at the Summer Steam Next Fest, Project Haven takes turn-based squad tactics back to its uncompromising roots. Precisely position your squad of mismatched mercs, scout for enemies and keep your head down like you would in a real gunfight. Using an advanced cover system and manual targeting, every bullet can ruin someone’s day.
Shoot weapons out of enemies hands to leave them helpless. Master stealth and misdirection to sneak up on and incapacitate your foes, or just skip subtlety and punch straight through cover with armor-piercing ammo. Customize loadouts, develop your squad’s stats and gear and carve out a place for the Steel Dragons mercenaries on the mean streets of Haven City.
Due for release in 2022, the full version of Project Haven will feature a massive 45-mission story-driven campaign, plenty of uniquely voiced mercenaries to command and a colossal and deadly arsenal of weaponry to master and customize with sights, grips and alternate ammo.
Players can keep up with development on the game’s official Discord channel, or via Code Three Fifty One’s development blog on Steam. Wishlist now for updates as they happen.
- Modern aesthetics married to classic squad tactics gameplay featuring action point-based movement and deep ballistic simulation
- A free-aiming system that allows you to take control of your mercs directly and manually shoot from an over-the-shoulder perspective, then pop behind cover to protect yourself from counterattacks.
- Locational damage, letting you wing your enemies with a shot to the arm to reduce accuracy, slow their movement with a hit to the legs, or boost damage with a precise headshot.
- An advanced cover system lets you adjust the stance of each merc with just two clicks. Peeking over cover or leaning round a wall exposes yourself, but provides vital lines of sight.
- Mature storytelling. Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- RPG character progression Command a group of mercenaries, each with their own unique personality and attitude towards other characters. Improve their attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
- Advanced weapon mechanics. Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage their target.
- Skirmish, co-op & PvP. Play through the campaign mode with 1-4 players, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, alone or in co-op.
Preview code and interviews with the developers are available on request. Email the media contact below for details.
Download Press Assets Here