New Story Chapter Equivalent to One Full Anime Season; Experience the World of Midgard inspired by Norse Mythology and Collect All-New Original Heroes
LOS ANGELES – JULY 19, 2021 – Fans of The Seven Deadly Sins IP eager to see the continuation of Meliodas and The Seven Deadly Sins are in luck as Netmarble is thrilled to announce that ‘Ragnarok.’- an all-new continuing story for its cinematic adventure role-playing game (RPG) The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross for the App Store and Google Play– is now live as a substantial in-game update for players to experience. To celebrate, Netmarble is gifting all players 100x Diamonds alongside 1x SSR [Warrior of Justice] Wanderer Thonar hero, and a full costume set for Wanderer Thonar.
‘Ragnarok’ is a wholly-original story made exclusively for The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, and it is an ambitious and grandiose content update that expands the fan-favorite lore of The Seven Deadly Sins, while introducing new and diverse gameplay elements for experienced players. Players can look forward to the first chapter of the ‘Ragnarok’ story, which is equivalent to a full season of The Seven Deadly Sins anime. Additional updates, including all-new story Chapters, stunning Ragnarok characters, and more, will be added continuously for the game.
The story of ‘Ragnarok’ starts when Meliodas happens upon a forgotten library and discovers a book titled ‘Legends of Yggdrasil’ where he, along with the rest of The Seven Deadly Sins, are transported to the world of Midgard, a world nearing its end due to a three-year winter foretold by prophecy. New adventures await as Meliodas meets new Heroes from Norse mythology, explores an all-new world, and conquers dangerous dungeons to become even stronger.
Players can look forward to the following at launch:
- Chapter 1 of ‘Ragnarok Story’ – Experience the first part of Netmarble’s wholly-original storytelling that is equivalent of one full anime season. New chapter updates will introduce new Ragnarok heroes, related content, and new gameplay elements. Further details on chapters will be shared at a later date.
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, Ragnarok Exclusive Heroes – An all-new set of original Heroes are now available to collect. These include SSR [Wielder of Gram] Prince Sigurd, SSR [Ragnarok] Lostvayne Meliodas, and [Warrior of Justice] Wanderer Thonar among others.
- World Tree Tower / Grimnirs Book
- In World Tree Tower, players can conquer an all-new dungeon based on the world of Ragnarok and farm for upgrade materials in this new area.
- The all-new Grimnir’s Book allows players to learn more about the world of Ragnarok, its setting, and other facts about the world. Each update will add new content players can check to learn even more.
The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross translates the storytelling and adventures of [The Seven Deadly Sins] into a highly engaging and entertaining mobile gaming experience, featuring stunning, high-resolution 3D graphics, with more than 150 characters, 200 costumes, and 200 dramatic cutscenes. The game is brought to life with the cast of the original Japanese voice actors reprising their characters. Since its launch in March 2020, the game surpassed 30 million cumulative downloads in a year across the world.
The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross is now available for download on the App Store and Google Play. For more information, please visit the game’s official website and Facebook.
Based on the manga “Nanatsu no Taizai” by Nakaba Suzuki originally serialized in the weekly SHONEN MAGAZINE published by Kodansha Ltd.
©Nakaba Suzuki, KODANSHA/The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments Project,MBS. All Rights Reserved. ©Nakaba Suzuki, KODANSHA/The Seven Deadly Sins: Imperial Wrath of the Gods Production Committee,TX
© Netmarble Corp. & Netmarble F&C Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About Netmarble Corporation
Established in Korea in 2000, Netmarble Corporation is a top developer and publisher pushing the boundaries of the mobile gaming experience with highly innovative games including Lineage 2: Revolution, The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, Blade & Soul Revolution and MARVEL Future Fight. As a parent company of Kabam, and a major shareholder of Jam City and HYBE (formerly Big Hit Entertainment), Netmarble strives to entertain audiences around the world with a variety of mobile games based on its powerful franchises and collaborations with IP holders worldwide.