Upcoming Action-RPG to Bring New Elements and Improvements to the Franchise
SQUARE ENIX® announced today that STAR OCEAN® THE DIVINE FORCE™, an all-new entry in the beloved action-RPG series, is coming to the PlayStation®5 (PS5™) system, the PlayStation®4 console, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and STEAM® in 2022. Developed by tri-Ace Inc., STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE will transport players to an expansive sci-fi fantasy world and take them on an exhilarating journey with fast-paced action combat, rich exploration and an original story. With STAR OCEAN celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, THE DIVINE FORCE builds on that rich history with new features that are sure to delight for many years to come.
The Debut Trailer showcases various new and returning elements to the STAR OCEAN franchise that players can look forward to:
- Super-high-speed action battles
- No random encounters – players will seamlessly enter battles with enemies that populate the world
- Players can float in the air, dive at enemies and fly around areas
- Richer exploration – climb towering mountains, venture into dark, vast valleys and investigate the castles and towns present in the world
- Showcasing a diverse cast of playable characters, STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE will tell a gripping story that seamlessly melds science fiction and fantasy elements and can be enjoyed by newcomers to the series and veterans alike. The game features dual protagonists, which offer different story perspectives and gameplay experiences: Raymond, the captain of the space trading ship, Ydas, and Laeticia, the princess-knight of a kingdom on an underdeveloped planet. Fate will bring Raymond, Laeticia, and several other ally characters together, all designed by renowned artist Akiman (STAR OCEAN: Integrity and Faithlessness, STREET FIGHTER series).
- STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available for PS5™, PS4™, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and STEAM in 2022.
About the STAR OCEAN Series
Developed by tri-Ace Inc. and published by Square Enix, the STAR OCEAN series is a long-running action-RPG series spanning multiple entries and commemorating its 25th anniversary in 2021. The series is known for its exciting gameplay, epic storylines, diverse cast of characters, as well as its innovative approach to action combat. In 2019, an HD remaster of the first installment in the series, STAR OCEAN First Departure R, released for the Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4, delivering the classic title with updated visuals, audio, and several quality-of-life improvements to fans around the world. Releasing in 2022, STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE marks the sixth main installment in the series and will deliver a fresh and exciting gameplay experience to existing fans and newcomers alike.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
© SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Developed by tri-Ace Inc. CHARACTER DESIGN: akiman
STAR OCEAN, THE DIVINE FORCE, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. “PlayStation,” “PS4” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.