Team Alto are pleased to share that the special edition of their award-winning endless sandboarding game, Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City is available today on Apple Arcade. The game is available as part of the subscription service, with the first month free for new members.
This long-awaited next step from Team Alto is a significant milestone for the team. Series co-creator and lead artist/developer Harry Nesbitt hints at what players can expect:
“It’s not just a few extra challenges hidden away in a menu, it’s an entirely new adventure woven into the core structure of the game. Existing players will immediately be able to tell that something is new and follow their curiosity, but if this is your first time playing an Alto game, it will hopefully blend into a single cohesive experience.”
Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City is available via the App Store: apple.co/-AltosOdysseyTLC
About Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City
Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City is a special edition of the classic endless sandboarding adventure, Alto’s Odyssey (2018), exclusive to Apple Arcade. Set against a gorgeous and ever-changing desert landscape, Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City features the fluid, physics-based movement, procedurally generated terrain and dynamic lighting and weather effects that players of Alto’s Odyssey will be familiar with.
As well as soaring above windswept dunes and traversing the thrilling canyons featured in Alto’s Odyssey, players can now join Alto and friends as they venture deeper into the endless desert than ever before and uncover its best-kept secret.
- Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos, and complete hundreds of goals to unlock new items and abilities — all with intuitive controls.
- Discover four stunning Biomes. From The Dunes, to The Canyons, The Temples, and, for the first time, The Lost City. Explore these rich and diverse landscapes, each boasting unique visuals and gameplay.
- Newfound heights. Uncover secrets in the sky with hot-air balloons, moving grind rails, wall riding and wingsuiting.
- Master the elements. In addition to dynamic lighting and weather effects like sandstorms and shooting stars, the desert is home to swirling wind vortexes and rushing water.
- Meet Alto and friends. Unlock six unique characters, each with their own attributes and abilities.
- Zen Mode. Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this meditative mode distils Odyssey down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins, and no power-ups. Just you and the endless desert.
- Photo Mode. From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip through the desert. Pan and zoom to frame the ideal shot, and share them with friends and family.
- Original music and handcrafted audio. Headphones recommended!
- iCloud support. Play on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, and your progress will always be in sync.
- The journey continues. Carry across your save data from the original Alto’s Odyssey and pick up the adventure right where you left off.
About Team Alto
Team Alto represents the ongoing collaboration between UK-based studio Land & Sea and Toronto-based indie studio Snowman.
Land & Sea is the formalisation of the previously unnamed core development team behind Alto’s Adventure and Alto’s Odyssey. Founded by series co-creator and lead artist/developer, Harry Nesbitt, the studio is now joined by a team of experienced contributors who continue to shepherd the Alto series into the future, while also developing brand new IP centred around their shared love of nature, history and folklore.
Snowman is a small studio at the centre of artful experiences. Whether as a developer or creative partner, their goal has always been the same: to create meaningful experiences that you may sit with for a short time, but that sit with you for a long while. In recent years the Snowman team has also grown, expanding beyond their start working on productivity apps and the Alto series to bring a number of titles to life on Apple Arcade and beyond.