Primitive Skate Park Featured as Free Map Download Available Now
LOS ANGELES, CA – AUGUST 27, 2021 – Easy Day Studios announced today that Skater XL will be the exclusive console/PC video game sponsor of the Street League Skateboarding (SLS) 2021 Championship Tour. The world’s largest street skate competition for over a decade, SLS will begin the first leg of its highly-anticipated 2021 tour in Salt Lake City, Utah today (Aug 27) and tomorrow (Aug 28).
In celebration of the partnership, the team at Easy Day Studios has released a new map of skate icon Paul “PRod” Rodriguez’s Primitive Skatepark available now. The updated map is based on Primitive Skateboarding’s brand new indoor training facility which hosted the SLS Tour Qualifier in late July, setting the stage for the return of street skateboarding’s premier annual competition.
Tiago Lemos, one of the pros featured in Skater XL skates the Primitive Skatepark Map
“The SLS Championship Tour is an iconic brand in street skateboarding and one that we felt made a lot of sense for Skater XL,” states Jeff Goforth, Marketing Director for Easy Day Studios. “Coming out of the excitement and broad visibility of the Olympics, the tour is well-timed to build on that momentum as street skateboarding’s most long-standing competition that shows off the talents of some of the best pros in skateboarding today.”
“We are thrilled to partner with Skater XL as excitement builds for the 2021 SLS Championship Tour,” says Joe Carr, CEO of Thrill One Sports and Entertainment – SLS’ parent company. “Gaming has been a key element of skateboarding culture for decades. Now Skater XL is leading a resurgence in the space with innovation and authenticity, qualities that will also be front and center when the world’s best face off for street skateboarding’s ultimate prize.”
The 2021 SLS Championship Tour is a three stop series taking place at the following U.S. cities:
- Salt Lake City, Utah – August 27 – 28 (Utah State Fairgrounds)
- Miami, Florida – October 29 – 30 (SkateBird Miami)
- Jacksonville, Florida (SLS Super Crown World Championship) – November 13 – 14 (Jacksonville Landing)
- Skater XL is now available for $39.99 USD on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, and at brick and mortar retailers for PS4 and Xbox One.
- ABOUT Street League Skateboarding
- Since its inception in 2010, Street League Skateboarding (SLS) has propelled street skateboarding from a collection of independent standalone events to a renowned global series. As pioneers of street skateboarding’s premium qualification system and competition format, SLS offers an amateur-to-professional pathway and creates thrilling live events across the globe. The SLS Championship Tour is recognized as the world’s premier professional street skateboarding competition. Events take place on custom-built, one-of-a-kind, SLS-certified plazas in major cities around the world, with the best in the sport competing for the highest stakes.
- Street League Skateboarding is now part of Thrill One Sports & Entertainment. Thrill One is a next-generation content company that lives at the nexus of sports, entertainment and lifestyle, combining the resources of Nitro Circus, SLS, Nitro Rallycross and Thrill One Media. A multi-media platform founded in 2020, Thrill One is dedicated to creating mind-blowing action sports events and original content, fueled by the most daring athletes, talent and brands in thrill-based entertainment. It also boasts one of the largest aggregate social audience in action sports, with over 40 million followers across its multiple brand pages and channels.
- ABOUT EASY DAY STUDIOS
- Founded in 2018 by Skater App founder and physicist Dain Hedgpeth, Jon West, former sponsored skateboarder turned game developer, and Jeff Goforth, industry veteran of 19 years and former head of skateboarding at DC Shoes, Easy Day Studios is the leader in action sports video game creation. Easy Day Studios is fully self funded and 100% committed to the shared vision of reviving and evolving skateboarding games into what every fan has been hoping for since the birth of the genre. With decades of experience, the team is comprised of video game development and skateboarding veterans. Since Early Access launch in December 2018 and the rapid growth of the Skater XL modding community, Easy Day has also hired two former modders and continues to work directly with this community.