The 90s anime RPG where you make your own attacks by combining words!
Independent developer Paper Castle Games has released official screenshots and a teaser trailer for upcoming turn-based RPG with roguelite elements, Wander Stars. Combine words and make your own fighting techniques in a story-driven adventure inspired by 90s anime. The game is set to launch on PC and Nintendo Switch, but you can get your first look on the official Steam page.
The story of Wander Stars follows Ringo, a young martial artist looking for her brother, and Wolfe, a mysterious scoundrel running from his past, as they join forces in an unlikely partnership to collect the pieces of the Wanderstar Map.
- Make your own attacks – Collect and combine different types of words to make your own fighting techniques like a SUPER AWESOME FIRE KICK!
- An anime you can play – Each run plays like an anime episode where you experience the adventure through exciting cutscenes and intense battles.
- Wander into adventure – Explore every place you visit through a randomized map and find treasures, rivals, special events and more!
- Binge and reruns – Replay episodes to learn hidden aspects of the story, find any events you missed, and train to earn permanent upgrades.
About Paper Castle
Paper Castle is an independent video game developer founded in Venezuela in 2013, currently based in Spain. They shipped their first commercial game “Underhero” in 2018 on Steam, and later for consoles in 2020.
- Alvaro “Kay” Dominguez – Lead Artist & Game Designer
- Rafael Cabrera – Lead Programmer
- Andrea “Andie” Gallo – Lead Writer & 2D Artist
- Stijn van Wakeren – Composer & Sound Designer