HALLOWEEN-THEMED IN-GAME EVENTS AND BRAND NEW EMOJIS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT OCTOBER
Jam City, Inc., a leading mobile game company behind some of the world’s highest grossing and most enduring mobile games, announced today that its hit match-3 puzzle game Disney Emoji Blitz is celebrating the spookiest season of the year in style by releasing a celebrity-hosted video featuring Hocus Pocus actress Kathy Najimy, one of the stars of the beloved Walt Disney Studios classic film. New Halloween-themed Emojis based on Hocus Pocus and other fan-favorite films, Disney Parks, and Disney Villains will be introduced to the game for players to unlock. The game will even have its own Oogie Boogie Bash Event, inspired by the Halloween party happening at Disney California Adventure Park.
Kathy Najimy, who plays Mary Sanderson in the quintessential Halloween film Hocus Pocus, is featured in a new video kicking off the Halloween festivities in Disney Emoji Blitz. The video is available now on the game’s YouTube channel.
- Kathy will be joined by Nacia Chambers, Vice President and Studio General Manager at Jam City, to preview the upcoming Hocus Pocus event taking place in-game and reveal a new Emoji coming to the game
- Kathy will also conduct a Q&A about her role in Hocus Pocus
In-Game Halloween Events
- “A Tricky Token Treat” Token Quest throughout the month of October featuring Sea Monster Goofy, Witch Minnie and the only way to get the new Pumpkin Mickey Emoji
- Madam Mim Villain Event on Oct. 4, featuring Merlin, Archimedes, Arthur, Sugar Bowl, and Young Mim Emojis
- Cats Challenge on Oct. 5, featuring Binx, Figaro, Yzma Kitty, Marie, Cheshire Cat Emojis
- Hocus Pocus Item Card Event from Oct. 7 to 11 featuring Billy (NEW), Winifred Sanderson, Mary Sanderson, Sarah Sanderson, Binx Emojis
- Haunted Mansion Clear Event from Oct. 13 to 17 featuring Hitchhiker Ghost (NEW), Hatbox Ghost, Madame Leota, The Bride Emojis
- Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas Survival Event from Oct. 18 to 19 featuring Jack Skellington, Sally, Santa Jack, Zero, Hatbox Ghost Emojis
- Oogie Boogie Villain Event from Oct. 20 to 24 featuring Christmas Sally (NEW), Jack Skellington, Sally, Santa Jack, Zero, The Mayor, Dr. Finkelstein Emojis
- Villains Challenge on Oct. 26 featuring Scar, Ursula, Jafar, Dr. Facilier, Yzma Emojis
- Halloween Item Card Event from Oct. 27 to Nov. 1 featuring Angel Chip (NEW), Vampire Mickey, Witch Minnie, Devil Dale, Figaro Emojis
“Halloween is such a magical time for Disney Emoji Blitz and we could not imagine a more perfect person than Kathy Najimy to kick off all the in-game festivities and new Emojis coming to the game in October,” said Lisa Anderson, Senior Vice President of Studio Operations at Jam City. “Our fans are going to love celebrating beloved spooky characters and villains from Disney films, shows and parks through the game.”
Disney Emoji Blitz amplifies the classic match-3 gaming experience with beloved Disney characters, artfully combining modern expressions through its Emojis with beloved Disney properties. The game allows players to collect, download and share over 90 years of classic Disney, Pixar, and Star WarsTM Emojis by clearing stages and completing objectives in the game. Disney Emoji Blitz is available to play for free in the US on The App Store and Google Play.
About Jam City
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment company providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience. Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than $850 million in lifetime bookings and Panda Pop has generated $400 million in lifetime bookings to date. The company is a partner of choice for Hollywood studios, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018. Jam City currently has studios and talent located in Los Angeles (HQ), Burbank, Cedar Falls, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco and, internationally, in Berlin, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Quebec and Toronto. For more information,