Brutal turn-based sandbox RPG offers unrivalled story-telling in an unforgiving world
Vagrus: The Riven Realms, the epic turn-based RPG with a core focus on story-telling, lore, and challenging gameplay, has launched worldwide. Available now on Steam, GOG and Fig, the multi-award winning title and poster child for Figs Open Access funding model sees players take charge of an armed traveling company in a narrative-heavy sandbox world.
Vagrus is launching with a huge day-one patch featuring unique new quests, a revamped user interface, and a new companion (Eylani). Alongside this epic update, Vagrus will also release a Centurion Edition that includes the base game, original soundtrack, and patronage pack. Owners of the base game will be able to buy the items separately for $9.99 each.
After 30 years of creating our grimdark setting through our DND campaigns, and four years of development, it’s time to see how players like embrace our mix of genres. Make no mistake, Vagrus is a brutal game that’s designed to challenge players. They’re placed in a dark, unforgiving setting to see if their comitatus can survive. Many won’t.
Born out of decades of pen-and-paper campaigns played by the developers with over a million lines of story, Vagrus invites players to form their caravan of companions, explore a dark fantasy sandbox world and survive in harsh, challenging environments. In a world that has no conscience, players are forced to make difficult decisions, plan routes effectively and manage your caravan’s resources. Do you have what it takes to survive?
Vagrus: The Riven Realms is available now on Steam, GOG and Fig for $25.49/£22.09* (with a 15% launch discount). Regional pricing will be enabled for applicable countries.
- Explore a dark hand-crafted sandbox world that you’re free to discover and explore.
- Experience a branching narrative with over 1 million words of story and events.
- Soak up extensive lore through the game’s vast Codex, that delves deep into the game’s universe, born from the studio’s decades of pen and paper campaigns.
- Engage in deep turn-based combat and fight with your comitatus and companions in strategic, challenging encounters.
- Court 10 warring factions and align yourself to unique groups with their own complex principals and relationships. Who will you choose as opponents, adversaries, affiliates and allies?
- Encounter unique characters and recruit fully-developed companions to your caravan to serve in versatile roles, such as scoutmaster, quartermaster or guard captain.
- Manage your crew and prepare for treacherous journeys through careful planning. Effectively managing your supplies, cargo, and crew is key to survival.
- Enjoy stunning art, with digitally hand-painted maps, environments, and 2D artwork.