Plus, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch join PS4 and Xbox One on list of console versions launching later this year
27 August, 2021 – Digerati is happy to confirm Severed Steel, the stylish first-person shooter from developer Greylock Studio, will launch 17th September on Steam, Epic Games Store, and other PC storefronts.The publisher can also reveal PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch are now confirmed platforms, joining the previously announced PS4 and Xbox One versions. Console versions of Severed Steel will launch later this year.
Inspired by games such as Black, Mirror’s Edge, F.E.A.R., and Half-Life mod ‘The Specialists’, Severed Steel casts players in the role of one-armed protagonist Steel as she battles against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys. The game features bullet-time and a fluid stunt system that allows Steel to wall run, dive, slide, and flip around the destructible environments.
Contrary to most shooters, weapons cannot be reloaded in Severed Steel – a consequence of Steel’s residual limb. Instead, when a gun is out of ammo, Steel must find a replacement weapon, which often means stealing one straight from the hands of an enemy.
Players can try Severed Steel ahead of launch thanks to a Steam demo, which was recently updated with an additional campaign level, tweaked movement mechanics, and various changes based on player feedback following a closed beta.
About the game
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more
- Level Editor (with Steam Workshop support): Build levels and share them with the community. Note: This feature is in beta and will continue to be updated post-launch
As a publisher, Digerati is dedicated to helping independent developers bring their creations to market and into the hands of gamers. We take care of funding, distribution, marketing and production, leaving developers to focus on what they love – making incredible games and unique experiences.
About Greylock Studio
Based in Massachusetts, Greylock Studio was founded by Matt Larrabee in 2020 and focuses on making immersive action games.
Copyright © 2021 Digerati, All rights reserved.