OverBorder Studio’s challenging RPG debut offers fast-paced combat, unique plague powered abilities, and weaponised diseases on PC later this year.
Friday, 27th August 2021 – Team17 and OverBorder Studio have today announced that punishing action-RPG Thymesia launches on PC on 7th December. Set in a once thriving kingdom now fallen to chaos, only the mysterious plague-masked Corvus – a half human, half raven hybrid – can unlock scattered memories and unravel the mysteries that lurk among the plague infected shadows. Charged with the possession of a pair of ravening weapons that can seize the plague from enemies and harness the abilities for himself, Thymesia’s shadowy protagonist is a ferocious adversary for the monsters that lurk in the gloom, combining acquired plague powers with perfectly timed parries and dynamic dodges to smite them.
Thymesia Key Features:
- Weaponising diseases: As Corvus, players can seize diseases from enemies and wield them as deadly weapons
- Engaging combat: Players will need to use their entire arsenal to avoid death; dodging attacks and parrying at precisely the right time will be instrumental to survival
- A dark and deadly world: With a sinister and gloomy backdrop, Thymesia oozes character through its environments and setting
- Unforgiving enemies: Corrupted by the plague, and mutated into monsters, the enemies are twisted and incredibly hostile, challenging players at every turn
- Replayability: The ability to customise Corvus and try different builds, coupled with the multiple different endings available, means no two playthroughs are ever the same.
Thymesia is currently available to Wishlist on Steam. To keep up to date with all the information on Thymesia please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join us on Discord.
About OverBorder Studio
Made up of a group of seven gaming enthusiasts with game development experience from various studios, and located in Taiwan, OverBorder Studio is currently working on their combat-focused debut title Thymesia.
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere.