Nature calls on PC and PlayStation 4 & 5
Montréal, Quebec – August 19th, 2021 – Breaking Walls is proud to announce that its nature documentary-inspired narrative adventure about the life of a sugar glider, AWAY: The Survival Series, will launch digitally on September 28th for PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and physically on October 1st.
AWAY: The Survival Series lets you star in your own personal nature documentary as you glide through the forest, sneak past predators, and hunt down your prey, all while a narrator describes your every move. Set in a distant future where nature has reclaimed the planet, AWAY is a narrative-driven survival adventure where you embody a tiny sugar glider embarking on a quest to save your family. Soar across misty chasms, leap from tree to tree, and climb to the top of the forest canopy as you journey across the posthuman wilderness!
AWAY: The Survival Series release date trailer
- Single-player, story-driven adventure – 5-10 hours of gameplay
- Play as a sugar glider on a journey to save its family – Follow the main story, or embark on various side-quests to uncover the mysteries of AWAY‘s abandoned world.
- Narrated like a nature documentary
- Enjoy the enchanting orchestral soundtrack by award-winning composer Mike Raznick, who worked on BBC’s Life and Planet Earth II
- Run, jump, climb, and glide through a living breathing world full of unique species of plants, insects, and animals.
- Hunt small prey, fight larger enemies or use stealth and agility to sneak past apex predators unnoticed.
- Play as other creatures in the wild, such as beetles, lizards, crabs, and more!
“AWAY has been a passion project of ours for the past few years and we’re so excited to finally be able to share it with the world,” said Breaking Walls Co-Founder and Creative Director Laurent Bernier. “We’re all environmental enthusiasts at Breaking Walls, so we wanted to craft an experience that combines our love for the outdoors and animals with the accessible joys of an exploratory adventure game. AWAY is a unique merging of these separate passions into a singular, cohesive whole. We can’t wait for players to experience it for themselves.”
Breaking Walls is composed of an all-star team of industry veterans who have worked on acclaimed series such as Assassin’s Creed, Prince of Persia and Far Cry. Additionally, Breaking Walls has partnered with Life and Planet Earth II composer Mike Raznick to create an enchanting orchestral score for AWAY: The Survival Series. The result is a natural world brought to life with stunning detail.
Breaking Walls has also released a set of relaxing nature soundscapes recorded straight out of the game. Immerse yourself in the world of AWAY with the sounds of a dense forest, the gentle call of birds, and the echo of a distant waterfall.
A limited physical release for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 will be available through Perp Games in Americas and Europe that will include:
- Digital soundtrack, created and composed by award-winning Mike Raznick, who also worked on BBC’s Life and Planet Earth II
- Digital artbook – 75 pages of stunning imagery and information about the game
- A short Augmented Reality Experience ‘growing out of the game’ packaging, created for the Green Game Jam 2021, ran in conjunction with the United Nations’ climate and forest partnership (UN-REDD) and the Playing for the Planet Alliance.
- Plant Trees With Every Copy Sold – Perp Games in partnership with Eden Reforestation Project will plant 2 trees for each full price physical copy sold
- Physical Postcard – a physical postcard is inside every boxed copy
About Breaking Walls
Breaking Walls is an independent game studio founded by industry veterans in Montréal, Canada, an international hub for innovation and expertise in game development. With decades of experience working on AAA titles such as Assassin’s Creed, Prince of Persia, and Far Cry, the Breaking Walls team has spent the past 5 years developing their first indie title, AWAY: The Survival Series.